Friday, May 29, 2009

Mom coming through for me!

So, with all the craziness in my life lately. I have yet to touch the rhubarb in my freezer, but luckily for me. My mom decided to enter my Sugar High Friday month with the recipe below:

Oatmeal fruit bars

bake at 400 for 25 min 7 X11 pan

The crust and topping:
mix together:
3/4 c butter (softened)
1 c brown sugar

stir in:
1 3/4 c wheat less flour *any flour with xanthan gum will work Mom used Nearly Normal flour
1/2teas soda

stir in:
1 1/2 c oatmeal

Filling:
3c rhubarb cooked with 1/2 cup sugar
at the end of the cooking add 1 1/2 tbls corn starch to thicken

if you don't have rhubarb, you poor soul, 3 cups any jam or fruit filling will work

Pam or grease the 11 by 7 pan
Add half the oatmeal mixture and pat firmly into bottom of pan
spread the fruit over the oatmeal mixture
Add the remaining oatmeal mixture on fruit spread to cover lightly pat into the pan
Bake at 400 for 25 minutes cool ENJOY

I promise I will get to the rhubarb in my freezer soon and I will share with you the tasty results!
Thanks again Mom!

No comments: