Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mix CD

So it is my turn to make a mix CD for my CD club, yet another thing that J at work has gotten me into.

hmm.... what to put into it. I started by doing originals and remakes i.e. Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd and remade by Scissor Sisters. After a few of those, I realized that my itunes library of over 15000 songs didn't have all of songs I wanted, and since we all know I am song challenged*, I soon gave up.

*I have the ability to know every single word in a song, sing along with it on the radio declare it one of my many favorites and have absolutely no idea who sang it, wrote it, or what album it came off of. M loves to play "who sings this song with me"


So now, I have started pulling together songs that I enjoy. So far I have:
High and Dry by Radiohead, and remade by Jamie Cullum;
Blue Light by Mazzy Star;
I Will Survive, the Cake version; Galileo, written by the Indigo Girls, done by Blind Man's Bluff, a now defunct acapella group I knew in college;
Closer to Fine by the Indigo Girls;
Dancing Queen by ABBA, another college fave;
Oh, Atlanta by Alison Krauss;
Hot Hot Hot!! and Pictures of You by The Cure.
Oh and of course, the versions of Comfortably Numb mentioned above

Revised it now looks like this:
High and Dry - Jamie Cullum
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
Galileo - Blind Man's Bluff
Closer to Fine - Indigo Girls
So, It's Like That - Joe Banamassa
I Will Survive - Cake
Dancing Queen - ABBA
Comfortably Numb - Scissor Sisters
Rainbow Connection - Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
Revival! - Me Phi Me
Spin the Bottle - The Julia Hatfield 3
These Boots Are Made for Walking - Nancy Sinatra
Oh, Atlanta - Alison Kraus
Pictures of You - The Cure
Blue Light - Mazzy Star
High and Dry - Radiohead
Such Great Heights - The Postal Service

Not too bad, but it doesn't have any REM, OAR, KT Tunstall, Mudcat, etc... I guess that is why you can always do one more mix CD!

1 comment:

Jess P. said...

I haven't heard BMB in a long time. I'll have to download them onto my itunes. It's great finding you and Matt again. I hope all is well for the two of you. Feel free to check out my blogs.