Monday, April 27, 2009

Sugar High Fridays - Sweet Without the Wheat

Yup, it is my turn to host SHF created by Jennifer, the Domestic Goddess. Little did I know that when I signed up for this, I would be down a kitchen for the first part of the month. Hopefully M and I will shortly be moving into our new home with a fantastic kitchen. The anticipation of the double ovens has me itching to bake something...if only I could find space for all of the stuff currently being stored in our apartment kitchen.

Anyhow, on to this Month's theme:

SWEET WITHOUT THE WHEAT

So, here is the deal, you can create any dessert you want, but it cannot contain any wheat whatsoever. This means no All Purpose flour, no Self-Rising flour, no Bread flour, and definitely no Whole Wheat flour. The idea here is to give all of us with that pesky intolerance or allergy to wheat a chance to make and taste your fabulous desserts, without dealing with the headaches, and stomach issues that come with eating wheat. Be creative, try a pavlova, ice cream, or venture into the world of alternative flours and try working with rice, corn, tapioca or the many other varieties of flour out there.

So here are the rules:
1. Entries need to be submitted by Monday, May 25th, Memorial Day here in the States, and I will post the round-up on Friday, May 29th.

2. In your entry please include:
  • a photo of your fabulous dessert (no larger than 500k in size, please)
  • your name, the name of your blog and a link to it
  • a brief summary of your dessert
  • any other information that you would like me to share
3. What if you don't have a blog?... Please send the same information to me along with the recipe. I'll be more than happy to include it in the round up.

4. So where do you send all that information to... Zilla.CTW@gmail.com

Please remember to send your entry to me by Monday May 25th. I look forward to reading all of your fabulous entries and making some new desserts!

7 comments:

Jess P. said...

Can I sign up for this challenge? I have a recipe for a flourless chocolate cake that is absolutely divine.

Zilla said...

I would love it if you sent a recipe in. Just post it to one of your blogs and send me the link! Besides, I don't think you had that recipe in Point and I would love a flourless chocolate cake recipe!

Digigirl said...

Sounds like a fun one! A great way to make everyone think outside the box. Off to contemplate my options....

Cheri | Kitchen Simplicity said...

Hi there! I have never competed before in SHF but I would like to participate this month. Do I have to sign up or anything or do I just e-mail you the stuff when it is ready?

Zilla said...

Digigirl - looking forward to your entry!

Cheri - it is as easy as posting your recipe to your blog and then sending me an email with the link and a picture.

Cheri | Kitchen Simplicity said...

Awesome! Thanks so much!

• friX • said...

Oh, this challenge is great ! I've been gluten-free for 6 months now, so I look forward to see the creations that will come up in this round !