Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th! (one day late)

We had a great 4th yesterday. Nice and laid back with some friends. (Thanks MB & D for having us over, the food and company, as always, was fabulous!)

We had talked about going out of town, but with our crazy schedules we never got anything set up. I think staying home might be just what the doctor ordered, some lazy R&R, before we springboard into summer.

We are headed back to the homeland in a few weeks for a family reunion with the house and work this probably will be our getaway for the summer. My aunt and uncle are hosting the family reunion and recently asked for some pictures from our wedding. I had so much fun reminiscing that I thought I would share some of the pictures here. All of the professional pictures were taken by Carl Christie, who did a fantastic job.

M and his sis K, goofing off for the camera

For those of you that weren't there, M and I split our wedding into a weekend of festivities, a private ceremony on Friday, and a low country boil reception on Saturday. We rented out Laurel Hill Bed and Breakfast for the weekend. The two houses had just enough room for our families to stay, giving us a perfect place for the ceremony and reception.

Walking down the isle, or cobblestone path. I'm wearing my grandma's dress.
(the 6th person to wear it)


This may be my favorite picture. I think it captures the ceremony perfectly.

It's legal!

This is just so much my sister and I.

The reception (Dad and Uncle T in the foreground)

Cutting the cake.

More of the reception, the grounds were beautiful.

Cousin M, Bud, and K

At Ted's for dinner on Sunday (notice the people in the window)

All-in-all, it was a great weekend, memorable and meaningful. Everything a wedding should be!

No comments: