Thursday, April 10, 2008

The big 3-0


Yup, that's right. I'm turning 30 this month. I'm dropping that last little bit of being a 20-something and am diving into my 30s. All-in-all my first three decades have been pretty good.

A couple years ago, I heard that you should do something new every year, so here is my top 10 list of new things that I have done this year (in no particular order):
1. Explored Namjin Road and the Bund in Shanghai

2. Experienced a Chinese Beerfest (it surrounded my hotel)
3. Went camping for two weeks in Yosemite

4. Did a 6 (or was it 7?) multi-pitch climb with A&A while in Yosemite
5. Won the 2nd event at the Stevens Point Mixed Bonspiel with Mom, Dad, and Bud. The first time I curled in 4 years!

6. Downsized, M and I moved from 1500 sqft to about 700 sqft, and lived to tell about it

7. Went wheat-free for real, not just a couple of weeks
8. Pushed through an options agreement (and got it in before the end of the year)
9. Tried to teach Rover to go on walks (that didn't work out so well)
10. Found land to build on and helped M design a house

Oh and the old house is down: yay!

A pretty good year I have to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great year! And it just keeps getting better.

So glad that the house is down! You guys must be so relieved. Now for the easy part :)