Saturday, February 27, 2010

Chocolate chip cookies with dried cherries (GF and DF)

Having a few friends whose kids have issues with dairy and heading over to one of their homes to watch curling this evening. I decided to give cooking with coconut oil another try. I found this chocolate chip cookie recipe from the Picky Palate and modified it to be gluten and nut free.


GF DF Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 Cup softened Virgin Coconut Oil
3/4 Cup brown sugar
3/4 Cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 3/4 Cup gf flour with xanthan gum
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 bag (12 oz) chocolate chips
1 cup dried cherries, raisins or craisins (optional)

Preheat oven to 375
In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, flax seed, baking soda and salt
Using a mixer cream together the oil and sugars
Add the eggs and vanilla one at a time and beat until fluffy
Slowly add the flour mixture to the batter then add the chocolate chips and dried fruit
Using a cookie scoop, or a couple of teaspoons scoop dough onto a parchment lined sheet and back for 9 minutes (or so) until edges are golden and cookies are puffed.

Enjoy! And let me know what you think as I'm continuously modifying and (hopefully) improving my recipes.

Now I'm off to watch some Olympic curling! It is about as close as I can get to being on the ice in GA.

No comments: